Friday, August 14, 2015

Let the creative juices flow!!

It's been forever since I posted on my personal blog and that's because I really haven't been doing much besides working and reading (not that this is a bad thing at all).  But summer has changed that this year.  I have already done several trips...two book signings and two camping trips and I have at least one more vacation and possibly a camping trip to go.

Over the last few days my creative juices have started flowing and I think tomorrow I'm going to hit Roger's Sale (one of the local Flea Markets) to see if I can let some of those juices flow.  See I have this small apartment and not that much storage but that's okay because after a year of being in the apartment I have a little bit of time to work in it now.

I don't know that I will be able to do the major projects this trip since I think I'm going alone and my little car won't carry anything too big, let alone me alone...lol!  Tomorrow I think I'm going to tackle a couple smaller projects if I can find the things I need for said projects.  Here are some of the projects I plan to tackle are:

Wall shelf/pot or pan hanging area
A blanket rack
A chair with a back for my work desk
A bin for packages for the porch (because otherwise packages are tripped over)

If I see something else I think would be cool I will definitely be picking it up.  I am in love with maps so if I see any old ones I will most likely buy them as well.  I would love to find a medium/large dresser that I can use as a pantry in the kitchen but like I said small car and just me can't manage that one yet.  Plus I'm still debating on that.  I may do some rearranging, buy another tall bookshelf and use shutters to close them off!  (Yes I have been watching too many flip related shows...lol).

I am still currently working almost 70 hours a week while reading and blogging so why not throw in some fun and creative crafts.  Oh and lets not forget that I have two books that I need to work on edits and rewrites for.  I finished one book at the end of last year and a short story back in May but I just haven't been able to bring myself to work on them.  I don't know whether it is because I just don't have the time and energy or whether it is because I just can't seem to feel the same emotions with the direction I need to take the books.  Either way I think I need to jump back into that as well.

Well since it is almost 2:30 in the morning and I have a crazy day ahead of me tomorrow I am going to leave you wondering what my plans are and go to bed.  I will hopefully remember to get on and let you all know how the trip went but we'll see what time it is when I get home and how tired I am.

HERE'S TO HOPING I FIND SOME AMAZING DEALS TOMORROW THAT WILL WORK IN THE LIMITED SPACE I HAVE!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment