Sunday, January 22, 2017

Growing Towards the Future...

So far the year is flying by and I haven't done as well posting to this blog as I had planned.  I am however slowly working towards my goals.  Next month I will be doing a Clean Eating Challenge with my team at work (4 of us total).  I'm not sure how that will go at all.  I have only eaten out (fast food) twice and one of those times was a healthy salad.  Sadly the other was Wendy's and I only went because I was beyond starving.

Anyways, last year between Black Friday and Christmas my Etsy store did really well.  I did a few sales so far this month as well.  So this year I will be growing that business.  Right now I am selling jewelry and blankets.  Over the next few months I will be adding magnets and outlet covers for sure.  I am also considering coasters and a few other items.

I plan to add a lot more of the Gilmore Girls related items because they were my best sellers last year.  I will also be adding to my fandom items with some Firefly, Doctor Who and Marvel related items.  There will also be some older fandoms and items for younger kids such as TMNT, My Little Pony and Disney Princesses.

I have lots of fun ideas flitting around up there it's just a matter of taking the time to complete the projects.  The coming weeks will be a great time to sit down and build my stock.  I may even stop in at Jo-Ann Fabrics to grab some new fabric to make a different kind of baby blanket (I just don't know if I have the patience to hand stitch anything right now).

Here's to hoping that things on the store front get better.  I am also hoping to get a second draft of my finished story done.  I have a second short story that I plan on sending through the Beta process.  I have a couple other stories that I am working on as well.  I need to start trying to finish some of these half finished stories that I have so that I can start the next steps in the process and eventually publish at least one of them.

On a whole different front I have started a new apartment hunt at last.  I have found quite a few prospects in various different places but where I go will really all depend on what kinds of jobs I find and eventually where I get hired.  Obviously I will be planning on having two jobs to start but what's new there.

I have a few different savings goals going on right now.  Instead of doing the 52 week challenge I am saving every $5 bill and every quarter I get this year.  I can usually do pretty good on the $5 challenge however the quarter challenge is new to me.  Also all of my Etsy sales money and about 5% of my paycheck goes into a high interest savings account.  I haven't had to touch the account in a couple months so it's slowly growing.

Needless to say I have a lot going on right now and I am extremely happy about it.  I need something to keep my mind off the fact that I am still here and the weather is about to turn cold again.  The last week has been so nice not needing a coat and all.  I'm hoping the weather changes and stays warm the rest of the winter but chances are low.

That's all for now and I will hopefully update you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment