Thursday, December 31, 2020

To a New Year and a New Me...

 So we all know that 2020 has been the year of everybody's hell.  This year however has been a year of change for me and I honestly look forward to seeing what happens next year.  I hope to update the blog a bit more often, hope that I can get back into reading full force and pray that I get to hang out with my friends more.  I don't usually make resolutions but as it is officially New Years Eve I do have some goals I'd like to set for next year and see what happens.

Goals:

1.)  Have $1,000 in savings 

2.)  Pay off as much debt as possible

3.)  Try to read at least 75 books

4.)  Hang out with friends more

5.)  Take more ME time and do more of what I love

6.) Make at least 5 sales a month in my Etsy shop

7.)  Move into a place of my own


Some of these goals are more easily attained than others but I will work towards all of them.  I have realized the last few months (since the beginning of November) that while this has been a decent year for me I don't take enough time to do the things I enjoy.  Now it has been the holiday season and things are slowing down but not as much as they need too.  One of the other managers at my store has been out sick since the Friday before Christmas and work has been a living nightmare.  But I am feeling more prepared to take on the promotion I am working towards and training for.  Yes I started at this job in March, right before everything shut down, and I'm already up for a promotion.

We are supposed to be getting another $600 stimulus check and most of that will go towards savings.  That will almost finish goal 1 and then I will move onto goal 2.  With the raise I hope to be getting soon (with the promotion) this should also be more easily attainable.  I'd like to be in an apartment or house of my own by the end of the year.  I don't mind sharing a living space but it's getting a little old.  I need a space where I can spread out and have room to bring all of my books and craft supplies and well life down here with me.  More space would definitely help with the ME time portion.

The only goals I might struggle with is the 75 books and 5 sales a month.  I have been in a reading slump these last few years and this year instead of 3 - 5 books I was doing, I finally got a little over 50 books read this year.  Did I finish all of them?  No...if I didn't like it I didn't finish it but I still counted most of them as read.  So I feel like 75 books is a pretty attainable goal for this next year.  I also hope to get back into book blogging and reviewing this year too.  

I have a lot of jewelry I've made over the years and more that I'd like to make.  The issue is I need to sell most of what I have in order to make more.  So I'm looking for new ways to sell and lots of great discounts on my Facebook Page.  I need to get better at my social media to promote more sales but with my lack of time or patience for it right now I haven't had time.  I reopened my store in June and only had about 6 sales for the year.  I looked for different ways to sell items on Facebook to no avail but I'm not giving up.  I've got to get rid of some of this jewelry I've made!!!



I look forward to keeping you all updated on how these goals are going.  I hope to keep this blog more up to date than I have in recent years!  I also hope to start using this blog to promote some of the jewelry and other items I create as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment