Thursday, January 7, 2021

Rocky Start to a New Year...

 So this year has not gone as planned so far but I'm so ready to move on from the insane several days it started with.  I wound up not going to my friends for New Years Eve but it was not intentional.  So on New Year's Eve I found myself waking up at 11:30 pm in my chair (not a recliner mind you) fully dressed and with one shoe on.  Yes I fell asleep putting on my freaking shoes before I went downstairs to make something to take with me.  Needless to say at 11:30 I woke up changed back into pj's and went to my actual bed where I fell back to sleep.


I worked all day New Years Day and then went home and fell asleep.  Saturday at work was kind of a disaster and Sunday wasn't much better.  Monday our store manager was back and instead of working what she has me scheduled I'm getting called in early every shift.  I've already been called in 3 and a 1/2 hours early tomorrow.


I did have yesterday and today off.  I got almost all the laundry washed and dried, it's currently sitting on my bed unfolded and there's one load in the washer.  I had to run some errands today to pick up some cards that went to an old address, the library and then a quick run to Wal-Mart for some bins to store Halloween and more Christmas decorations.  When I got home with the bins I put away all the decorations I had laying around and it is such a relief to have Christmas gone and done with.  Christmas usually comes down Christmas Day for me but since I slept through Christmas and my next day off (New Years Eve) I didn't start pulling things down till Sunday.  Then I realized I didn't have enough room in my Christmas bin so I had to wait until I bought a new one.


Tomorrow I was looking forward to doing something fun before work with friends but since I'm going in at 1 instead of 4:30 it's not going to happen.  I'm still slightly exhausted but that doesn't matter apparently.  I still haven't had time to see my friends so I still have two of their Christmas presents.  Had I been smart I would have taken them with me and dropped them off with the perspective people.  Alas, I didn't think about it until I was on my way back from that area.  My living area looks much better than it did but it needs a good vacuum and I've got some cups that need washed and put away in the Christmas bins lol.


As for the goals I set myself...the friends and me time ones aren't going too well yet but I'm planning on working on them soon!  However, I am excited to say that I am so very close to my first goal.  In one day I went from under $100 in my EF to being $300 away from completing it.  This next payday I should be able to complete it because we're starting the year with a 3 pay month.  I've already paid off my cell phone so that's one debt gone.  Next up I'm going to throw money at my Southwest card because it's the smallest debt only a few hundred.  I haven't done much with the shop yet but over the next few days I will be working on that.  As for the reading goal, I am reading two books and almost done with one of them.  I'll probably finish one of them tonight.


So while we're only 7 days into the year things are looking okay but not great.  I need the next couple weeks to go quickly so I can get back to a regular schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment