Sunday, August 8, 2010

Where do I go from here??

  • So I have this business opportunity that is similar to Avon and Mary Kay but I don't have the money to start it. So I have been thinking maybe I will see if I can get ahold of $10 and start selling Avon or something so that I can get the money for Usbourne. Mom flat out told me I would suck at it so I know I can't ask to borrow the money from them. I really think it is something I would really enjoy doing. Anyways it is with Usbourne which is the leading non fiction children's book seller in the country...even above Scholastic. The problem is this month there is a $100 start up fee and after this month it goes to the original price of $200. So I have been trying to come up with some ideas of things I can do to make the money.
  • I have been thinking about maybe making and selling cakes and cookies but the issue there is where do I actually sell them? I don't know that many people in the area who would buy them. I was also thinking (like I said above) about starting out by selling Avon and using that money to start selling Usbourne as well. They are two very different items being sold so there wouldn't be a conflict of interest in doing both. My cousin says I should do a lemonade stand but on my road i'd sell maybe one cup a day so that is out. I could do dog sitting but I don't know many people who would need a dog sitter or a babysitter for that matter. I have all these ideas floating around in my head. I wouldn't have this issue if I would finally hear back from one of the places I applied (Tri State). I do have one other option but I won't do that unless I ABSOLUTELY HAVE too.
  • In other news the Ketcham reunion was a blast but getting there was VERY chaotic. I picked up Rylee Ann at Jack's at 10:45. We finally get on the road and are at the store getting ice when we hear that Uncle Bobby and Aunt Quinn's truck had no working brakes. So we went back home and picked up the Jeep and headed to Uncle Bobby's. We loaded up the truck and the Jeep and headed out. We got to the reunion about an hour late and ate (we were all starved). I spent time with Rylee at the playground and we played Bingo and the Dice game. I missed the auction but it sounded like it was fun. We spent some time talking and then headed home. I forgot to take my camera but I wouldn't have had time to actually take pictures anyways so it doesn't matter.
  • Other than that I am keeping my head up and trying to keep smiling. It is hard but I am managing somehow. I really really want to see Step Up 3D and Charlie St. Cloud but well I don't have the money to do that. I am actually bored with facebook, I didn't think that was possible. But all in all I am all good. Next week I will be at the beach and then I have to figure out if I want to go camping over Labor Day and if I do I have to decide where I'm going. Why do they have to screw me up by going two different places. Oh well it's not a hard decision just have to figure out if I want to deal with the crap for not going with the other group.
  • Well that's all for now. More soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment