Monday, October 8, 2018

A new place, a new me...

Back in May I made the move to Nashville and after doing multiple apartment hunts, job hunts and working two jobs for a while I have started exploring the city.  However, I am once again looking for a second job in order to catch up on debt and then pay off debt.  So first a little about what's going on with me.

I am currently living in a house in East Nashville that is literally making me sick.  But on a stroke of luck I have found a new place that is about the same distance away from work.  I will be moving to a healthier environment with only one person instead of four people, this weekend.  This will be an interesting situation for me but a good one all the same.

When I first moved down here I had a full-time position at a high end fashion store inside a major hotel and then I got a part-time position at Madame Tussaud's Wax Attraction inside the mall next door to the hotel.  Due to bad management and lack of respect shown by said management I quit my position at the fashion shop and went strictly to Madame Tussaud's.  Now I am on the hunt for job two again.  I did try and considered Instacart (an app where you shop for people and then deliver their groceries).  I have also signed up for UBER but am iffy about driving people around.  All in all I don't think either of those are for me.  However, today I did a job hunt online and there are several places I have either applied or will apply to tomorrow.  Amazon is having a hiring event tomorrow that I intend to attend and then I will head to the mall and discuss another position with the candy store, It's Sugar, that I also know is hiring a key holder.  Both of these are viable options without getting rid of my job at Madame Tussaud's (as I can get a job anywhere in the world with this position).  

All in all I am really hoping to get a position with Amazon because it pays really well and there will be benefits.  It also isn't in retail or the mall which is a major plus.  However, from what I understand it could take me almost an hour to two hours to make the 10 minute drive to work due to Country Christmas that happens at the hotel I used to work at and the Amazon location I would work at is also 10 minutes from both the mall and my new place.  So everything is a 10 minute drive lol.  The candy store is in the mall so it would be a quick walk from one store to the other.  It doesn't pay nearly as much and it is IN THE MALL.  That's a lot of people and a lot of mall time for the holiday season.

As you can see I have a lot to think about and I have to figure out the best thing for me.  I have been struggling to find time to read and craft at all.  I do however, look forward to re-opening my Etsy store (once I move).  I plan to continue Instacart when I have time and possibly charging scooters every night (it's something new I found and need to do more research).

Even with all that on my mind things are going really well.  I have not been dealing with my allergy struggles here like I was there.  I may be strapped for cash and hate my kitchen but in a few weeks I will be eating healthier and trying to do some meal prepping (when possible).  I have plans to color my hair brown with teal/aqua highlights as soon as the cash flow is there.  I am still dealing with the stress of life but it isn't as prominent and tough to handle here as it was in Pennsylvania.  My depression is gone.  I have enjoyed exploring the city I now call home.  Do I miss people back home?  Absolutely and I look forward to seeing them soon.

I will be going home at the end of the month for a day (Friday - Sunday but Friday and Sunday are drive days) in order to pick up some of my things from storage.  So now that you are up to date on what is going on in my life right now I am going to let you go.  But keep your eyes open for new posts about the things I've been doing around town lately and how life is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment