Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Music City Here I Am...

So as you all know Nashville is know as Music City, if you didn't already know that then you do now.  It is a city for those who dream about being heard.  While I didn't move down here for music I do still want to be heard.  What I didn't realize is that there are a lot of publishing companies down here as well.  But I digress.

Tonight, my roommates friend came over and I was invited to join the conversation.  Can I just say that self doubt and depression are one and the same.  When a person is depressed they are down on themselves and feel like they are not good at what they do.  There should have been no self doubt for this guy.  I got to hear several of his songs live and in person in my living room and he was amazing.  I hope that he finds his path again soon because the world should hear him.

However, I can tell you that not everybody out there should be on the stage.  Every Saturday and Sunday the mall I work at has people on stage singing right outside of the wax museum.  Let me tell you, I have had a lot of my favorite songs butchered by people singing on that stage.  My co-workers and I enjoy talking about the people on stage if we're bored.  We tone it down when the teenagers are working though, sometimes. 

Anyways, the point of this post wasn't meant to be about music.  The point of this post was about following your dreams.  November is going to be a crazy month for me, I think.  Not only am I hopefully going to be working two jobs but it is also NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month).  That means I hope to get to writing again and possibly write a complete story, not a short story either.  It will be a lot of work but living in a quieter environment I am hoping to have more time to spend on my writing and crafting.

Not only that but our conversations tonight got me thinking and I need to move past my past.  I need to let go and move on.  I need to let myself make friends.  Who cares if every single one of my friends has walked out of my life in the past, I need to move forward and let myself make new ones.  Friends come and go but loneliness can be forever.  I need to be open to more of the opportunities around me and the people around me.  I feel more confident being out of the toxic environments I was previously in but I am still far from out of the woods. 

I have been sitting here mulling over our conversations for a couple hours now and it bothered me that I hadn't realized how much of life I have been missing out on.  Now that I have written this out it all seems so simple and my mind is a lot less everywhere.  I will keep you all apprised as to how the moving on and letting stuff go is going.  I look forward to finding my path in life and following it all the way to the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment