Monday, May 18, 2009

Welcome to the Randomness of ME

  • So I am bored if you couldn't tell...I spent all day yesterday sewing, all day Saturday cleaning or shopping and all day Friday and today job hunting. That is pretty much what my life revolves around now. I did however find out that both local Old Navy stores are hiring so I filled out applications for both of them today and I have already been told by the Orem store that there is a good chance of getting in there. Also downstairs at the 5 Buck Pizza they will be hiring soon too.
  • I finally made it halfway through my goal of books to read this year...it is kind of crazy. But I am going to have to take a break from the Tamora Pierce books. Not that they aren't excellent books because they are but because after reading 4 or 5 in a row they all sound alike. Then again I was working my way through the Circle of Magic and the Circle Opens series...I got halfway through the third book in the Circle Opens set (Cold Fire) when I couldn't take it anymore. So I am moving on to some different authors and genres of books. But I have like five other books from the library to read so it's no big deal. Amongst them is A Lion Among Men which is the thrid book in the Wicked series...Gregory Maguire is an awesome author but I have to say Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister has to be the easiest to read ergo my favorite. I have also been reading a lot of Jane Austen remakes so to speak...or sequels.
  • I am also working on 3 baby blankets a regular blanket and possibly a pillow. However I have never done an adult sized blanket or a pillow so I am experimenting there. I am also going to start doing some cross stitching again. I used to love all those needle and sewing crafts but I haven't done them in years so I figure to keep my mind and hands busy in all this free time I have any more I will pick them up again.
  • So Sunday started a Family History class at church (instead of Sunday School classes). I totally love it because we are actually going to be doing the research. Now I just wish I had all my files and data out here so that I know where I left off and who I am going to be looking for. I am a Family History buff as well. Then I love history so why not know my own...lol.
  • Hmmm....There is so much random crap floating around in my head that I can't keep it all straight. So I am going to go and download the PAF program for my family history class and figure out how I am going to get all of my original data here. Oh and finish my first blanket...and maybe do some reading...I don't know...I'm going to go do something...lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment