Thursday, March 26, 2009

Roan Inish...

So today I made pudding and ate some and I think it totally made me sick. I don't know whether the milk I made it with was bad or what but I have felt so sick to my stomach since I had some. I mean my milk didn't smell bad but the expiration date is today so anything is possible and I was trying to use it up before it did go bad and all. Oh well I guess we will see how I feel tomorrow...there has been a bug going around our apartment it seems, so it could be that as well. For those of you who don't know there is a meaning behind this blogs title. There is this movie called the Secret of Roan Inish. It is a movie about an Irish family who while moving off of the island of Roan Inish had a little baby float away in his cradle. Well the babies sister comes back a few years later to live with her grandparents not far from the island if Roan Inish. While she is with her grandparents she visits Roan Inish and finds her brother. Although, he keeps running from her...the seals and birds had raised him and he had been living on Roan Inish for quite a few years alone. The girl finally gets her grandparents to believe her and they go to the island to live again...that is when the seals return the boy (Jaime) to his family. That is just a brief discription of the movie and it is one of my favorite movies about Ireland. Since I am a direct descendent of Irish Kings I love the month of March and I love St. Patrick's Day. But this movie got to me today while I was watching it. I'm not sure why...I think it is because nobody but Fiona (that is the sisters name) knew the truth. I imagine it must have been lonely for her and annoying at the same time. Today I have felt like a part of me is missing and I have to say I hate that feeling. I don't know what part of me is missing but I don't remember a time when that part has ever been there. There has always been something missing in my life. This movie got me to thinking about that today and I want to be like Fiona who never gave up the search for her missing brother. I do not plan on giving up until I figure out what piece of me is missing. In other news now that I am out of my doldrum part of this blog...
  • I may have another job interview next week at the local Build-A-Bear Workshop...they sent me an email earlier and asked if I was still interested and about some other details. I replied to the email and called to talk to them in person.
  • It snowed again last night...I woke up to a snow covered ground and really bad wind.
  • I finished the movies I need to return to the library soon...Roan Inish which I obviously love and South Pacific which I really couldn't get into, I'm not sure what all the hype is about when it comes to that movie.
  • I have been prayerfully reading a few chapters in the scriptures every night...for the last week. I am trying to do better when it comes to living the church standards.
  • I plan to get my Patriarchal Blessing next week...I need to call tomorrow and set up a date with the Patriarch.
Things I need to do in the next few days...
  • Get an application over to the Bakery and see about getting an interview there ASAP.
  • Get an application to the Brick Oven, the movie theater and Macey's...all of which I have in my bag just haven't gotten to the places to turn them in...it has only been a few days since I filled them out.
  • Call and set up an appointment with the Patriarch.
  • Return the movies to the library...maybe get a couple more. I want to get State Fair and see how good it is. I am really on a musical kick lately and that is another one that I have not seen that I have always wanted to. The first one I got was Carousel...which was good, I liked the songs but the acting and some of the singers left much to be desired to say the least.
  • Figure out where I am going to go come April 23rd which is the day I am out of a contract here.
I'm sure there is more to do but those are just the few things that come to my mind at the moment. So I think that is all I have to say for tonight. I am going back to my episode of Gossip Girl to finish out the night. Thanks for listening all.

No comments:

Post a Comment