Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cquazy Week and it's only half over...

  • What can I say I am alive and well...lol. Things couldn't be going better at all this week. Last week was pretty crappy but I'm not going into that at all because it isn't worth it. I had an awesome Easter Sunday with my cousins and on that night I set myself a goal that I had to have a job by Wednesday. I love hanging out with my cousins they are genuinely good people and that is all there is too it. It was great to just hang out and play games and talk. MOODS is an awesome game and I can't wait to get the chance to play it again.
  • So I got lucky on the job front on Tuesday when I walked into Featured Films for Families in Orem (right across the street from Kimber and Christy's apartment) filled out the application and had an immediate interview. They discussed it quickly and they wanted me to start yesterday but I had a previous trip to the Salt Lake City Temple planned and I was not going to back out of that it is too big an experience to pass up. So I said I could start today but they decided that I should start on Monday at 2 pm and work till 9 pm...that is going to be my shift every day Monday through Friday and every other Saturday from 9 am to 1 pm. I really don't want to be at a call center but a job is a job and I'm not going to complain. Especially since it is $8 and hour plus a $1 per hour incentive as long as you are there for your scheduled shift and stay the whole time. I think he said after a month the pay goes up to $9 an hour with the same pay incentive. I am excited about that. I am thinking about taking a morning job somewhere as well. I just don't know yet. The more I can bring in money wise all the better for me to say the least. I still hope to get my debt completely out of the way this year at the latest. I don't care if it takes me working 3 jobs I will get my money situation under control.
  • So I just went to buy myself a new power cord for my laptop because mine is about dead it keeps switching between power cord and battery mode with the slightest touch. It is annoying as all else. But so I go to order one and my Dell card is on hold. So I am going to wait until I have my first paycheck and order it then, hopefully for cheaper than $66 plus shipping and handling. It is kind of crazy how much it costs for just a power cord. I am tempted to just upgrade my laptop and get a new one but it took too much time to make a dent in paying off the Dell card and I am still paying for the laptop my sister fried from Best Buy, how sad is that.
  • Yesterday I had the chance to head up to the Salt Lake City Temple and do baptisms for the dead. It was a much needed trip to the Temple and I am grateful that I got to go. Here are some pictures of outside afterwards...more to come when my roommate sends me the pictures with us in them. It was just easier to deal with one camera in the freezing cold snowy day than come up with several people to take pictures for us.
  • So that has been the first four days of my week so we will see what happens the rest of the week. If you haven't noticed I love taking pictures of historic places or awesome scenery and I have actually thought about majoring or minoring in photography. Or at least taking classes in it...maybe one day I will, who knows. I will update again soon...I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment