Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Starting Over...

  • So I worked out some numbers earlier today and I can totally make this all work out...I may have to work two (maybe 3) jobs at one time but it's not like that is something new for me anyways. It would be great if I could work at both K-Mart and Giant Eagle or Fashion Bug but I'm not going to let myself get my hopes up too much. I would be happy to just get one job right now. It is the first time in forever that I will actually have have money to put into other things besides bills. I will still be putting a few hundred into bills only two left and I will have them paid off by the end of the year. Hopefully by the end of next month I will have a couple thousand saved and I can buy a cheap car. I don't care about looks car wise right now I am not going to get a loan so whatever I can get for whatever I have saved that will get me where I need to go is all that I'm going to worry about.
  • There are a lot of things I want but more than anything I NEED to pay off this debt. I am going to work out a budget and live by it every month. My first paycheck or two are kind of going to suck since they will go towards paying to having my stuff shipped home from Deb's house and paying my parents back. I am also going to be catching up the First Financial since it is a month past due already. The Dell payment will be late but it is better than getting behind on two bills.
  • Anyways, job wise. I have to call Giant Eagle again tomorrow to see if they are still hiring. The hiring manager wasn't in when I called today. K-Mart well the HR manager there was leaving when I talked to her so she is going to call me on Friday and HOPEFULLY I will get an interview. I am going to go into Chippewa tomorrow and apply for more jobs. There is an Animal Hospital in Darlington that I am going to apply to as well. At least there it would be more what I'm looking for, office work, and it may pay a bit more with better hours. Who knows though. But like I said, I may have to work two jobs in order to make all my plans work out but it wouldn't be the first time and I am ready for it. If it weren't so far away I would totally work at Sam's Club if they offered me the same as the one at Layton did, $14/hour. But it is almost a 45 minute drive and the truck which I will be driving till I get a car sucks up the gas. I would probably spend my entire paycheck on gas which would suck.
  • I can't wait to get a job. I may not be able to spend much at first but I plan to put aside a little bit of money every payday to have some fun. I also look forward to the White Elephant's at the Family Reunion's and the beach in August. I kind of wish I could have a car by our beach trip but there is no way that is going to happen unless I work a full time and a part time job both at $8.50 or more an hour. Which there is always the possibility of I guess. I won't get my hopes up but I will still dream that it is possible.
  • Although, the first thing I get after a car is a brand new laptop...of course in cash. After that any money I make will go to savings and doing some major snowballing on my Dell bill. If I can manage to pay $500 a paycheck on Dell it would be gone in two months. Then I would just have to worry about the First Financial and I could throw a lot at that one. So I may end up staying here till the end of the year. I haven't worked everything out in my mind yet but if I can get rid of the debt by the end of the year then I can pretty much go anywhere and do anything that I want. Being debt free will be amazing and I will NEVER get another credit card in my life. I will only go to school if I have the money and I get enough financial aid (grants and scholarships). I won't get another loan for school.
  • Which reminds me! I heard today that I was awarded $2,900 in grants for school. They don't go into effect until Spring 2011 so I have time to save the rest of what I need. I still plan on taking classes online but I may move down to Maryland so that I can be near the no fee testing centers and all that. But like I said, who knows what will happen. I may end up else where. I am done planning where I will end up but I still have a goal to live in all fifty states. I don't know why that is so important to me but I want to be able to say I have lived in all fifty states. I will end up somewhere that is warm year round in the end though I think. I love the snow but I LOVE the heat even more.
  • I totally got off topic there. I am so excited to start school in the fall it may sound strange but I love learning. Especially when it comes to English and History. I really want to get any math and science classes I HAVE to take out of the way first so that I can focus on all the fun classes. But I am registered as an English Major and I believe a History Minor. I am really excited. If I could find an online photography class I would totally major in that as well...lol. But that isn't very likely at all.
  • I guess you could say that my future is starting to look good again. I am afraid to move forward but really excited as well. My life has become my own again and I am happy to say that I am ready to move forward and stop looking back. Well it is midnight and I have been writing for a while now. I must head to bed another day of cleaning the kitchen and then giving the dog a bath ahead of me. Hopefully it isn't too bad outside tomorrow.
  • I will keep you updated as I head towards my goal of becoming debt free. Also next week I start working out daily. Another goal is to stay in shape and that means working out daily. But I will keep you updated on both of these goals. Later!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment