Sunday, September 11, 2011

God Bless the USA



So I was looking at my post and then it totally hit me that I didn't do a 9/11 post and I really should since it has been 10 years. I remember the day like it was yesterday. I was sitting in my high school Chemistry class and somebody burst into the room to tell us about the first tower. Then it went over the loud speaker and we all sat around the tv's watching the second tower be hit. I also remember worrying about my cousin who is in the air force and praying that he wouldn't get sent over to fight. At the time he was the only person close to me who was in the military now I worry about all my many friends who get deployed to the war over there.

The world changed that day. Everywhere you go has higher security and you can't take most things on an airplane anymore. That day many lives were lost and many more where put in danger as we went to war. But it has been 10 years and I still ask myself why it happened? What was the point? Why then? Lots of people who lost people are probably wondering the same thing. I didn't lose anybody but I still ask the same things.

The world is a crazy place and people deserve to be safe. I am glad I live in the United States where I have great friends in the armed forces who fight for our country. The men and the women in the armed forces are just like anybody else but they continuously risk their lives for all of us everyday. There were a few songs I wanted to post for this update but I went with one in particular because it is the one I love the most and means the most to almost everybody in the country.

So God Bless the USA.

Thank you to all the people over there fighting and the ones who have been over there before...
Tyler Miller - US Airforce
Benjamin Hyre - US Navy
David Biernesser - US Marines
Eric Owens - US National Guard
Timothy Barnett - US Army

No comments:

Post a Comment