Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The downfall of Horror Movies

So there isn't much new to talk about.  I have been sick today and kind of either slept or watched movies.  I can't figure out why I don't read when I'm sick.  Most people pick up a book and sleep but no I turn on the tv and sleep.  Today since Halloween is right around the corner I have been watching movies that are supposed to be scary but aren't. 

That's another thing altogether.  What is the point of making a horror movie if you don't make it scary.  There have been very few movies that actually scared me lately.  I mean the movie The Rite is supposed to be scary and it had me cracking up.  Most horror movies have become more nudity and swearing than anything else.  I mean look at the Halloween movies, Friday the 13th, and Nightmare on Elm Street.  Now I've never seen the originals of the last two but the new versions are lame.  Now when it comes to Halloween I saw the originals when I was like 10 or 11 and they didn't scary me then and they don't scare me now.  There were two movies that scared me as a kid that now in my late 20's I will be trying again.  They are Poltergiest and The Birds.  If I remember correctly there was no nudity and very little swearing. 

With Halloween right around the corner Saturday night and Sunday will be all about the horror movie marathon.  I've already got Cry_Wolf, Disturbing Behavior, The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2 and Texas Chainsaw Massacre the beginning and the other one, on my iPod for the watching.  I already watched the Hitcher on it so I took it off.  Today I have watched Scream 4, Sorority Row and I just put in Friday the 13th.  I'll watch them again.  I still have Nightmare on Elm Street from the library to watch as well.  In my room I have Final Destination 3 & 4 (I have 1  & 2 to put on my iPod if I want), Poltergiest, Interview With a Vampire, Rest Stop 1 & 2, and The Covenant.  Who knows what all else I have on my hard drive to watch.  I have a ton more horror movie in Utah too but I won't get through the ones I have here so I'm not too worried about it. 

I've got my vampire and witch books to read too.  Let's not forget the werewolf books and movies too.  Now back to the original topic what has happened to the world of horror movies?  People have changed not the movies.  People want to make newer versions of movies and they do what they have to in order to make them just barely pass the standards of ratings.  Ok well that is all on my horror movie rant.

No comments:

Post a Comment