Sunday, November 6, 2011

Someone Like You




So it took me a while but this song goes out to my ex and his wife. I never realized how much of this song goes along with my relationship with my ex.  I have listened to it over and over but I was in the car the other day and it hit me.  The first line says "I've heard that you've settled down. That your married now.  I heard that your dreams came true.  Guess she gave you things I wouldn't give to you.  I wish nothing but the best for you.  Sometimes a lesson learned but sometimes it hurts instead."

I'm not saying that the rest of the song really follows our relationship but those few lines definitely do.  I also found that the rest of the song reminds me of a friend.  Me and said friend are working through some tough things and honestly as the song says, "Never mind I'll find someone like you.  Don't forget me."  I could dissect this song even more but I won't.  Not that anybody I know actually reads this blog. 

"Nothing compares, no worries or cares.  Regrets and mistakes their memories made.  Who would have know how bittersweet this would taste."

No comments:

Post a Comment