Wednesday, November 2, 2011

What A Beautiful Mess!!!

So the past few days have been interesting.  Saturday I headed back to work and got really frusterated because well it seemed just as bad if not worse than it had when I left on Tuesday and I made sure everything major that had to be done was done when I left.  I don't think I read more than 20 pages of my book while at work.  Then I came home and hopped on the treadmill to work off all that anger and other energy.  I walked for 2 hours and went 4 miles.  I also read more of my book and almost finished it.  I did finish my book that night and I was out by midnight.

Sunday well honestly I don't remember what I did Sunday so that means I was either on here all day or I was reading all day.  No surprises there.

Monday it was back to work.  I never finished my costume so I couldn't wear it, but hey I have my costume for next year all set up.  I did however use the orange hair color in my hair...a few streaks of orange here and there made me feel like somebody else.  We closed at 5 since trick or treat started at 6:30 and nobody wanted to get stuck driving through little kids crossing roads.  So I left at 5 and headed for Melissa and Eric's place for a fun night.  We just talked and played games.  I learned some new exercises for my knees that keep bugging me and my ankles.  Read some Halloween stories with the kids.  All in all it was a fun night.  I hadn't seen them in a few years (7-ish to be exact). 

That is where I learned that I seem happier and more open than I had back in college.  Well that's true.  Actually this all started a few weeks ago when I realized that I can't control what I want to happen I can only control what actually happens.  I realized that I was sinking myself into depression and I didn't even know it.  I also realized that I didn't want the whole relationship right now.  I do eventually but right now I don't want to be tied down to another relationship especially another long distance one.  I just let it all go and started enjoying life.

I also got enlisted for helping them plan the Ward Christmas Party.  Which will be fun.  I actually just talked to mom who did three of them and got some ideas as to themes and such.  Should be fun!!

Yesterday was actually a good day at work.  I just relaxed and read shelves.   It was slow and while reading shelves may bore others I rather enjoy making sure all the books are in order so that we can find them.  Makes the rest of my job so much easier.  Now if only we could get people to put them back in the right place I would be much happier.  I found out that my boss, Liz, is going to commission the board to let me have more of her responsibilities and get me more hours.  She wants to get another person or two who actually does the work correctly and quickly in there.  Annette has another 8 months on her contract and then I think she's out of there...we are both sick of her.  I am super excited about those little bits of information, just have to wait and see what the board says about this, but now that the jerk is off the board it may be better for us and we'll get more done.

We'll see what today brings.  I have to read the paperback books and work on the magazine rack.  Then I may get to sit back and relax a little bit.  I doubt it but maybe.  Maybe she will go through the books I have pulled and I can withdraw them all.  Then we could call up the Christian School and have them go through them today and the other lady can take the rest tomorrow.  Or have one go through them in the morning and the other take the rest in the afternoon. We'll see what today brings but I am super excited for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment