Saturday, January 7, 2012

SUICIDE IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!

So this year has not started off well for a lot of people.  I can gladly say that it hasn't been all that bad for me so far.  But this post is not about that this post is about knowing who you are and knowing you have people there who will listen to you.

Yesterday in my home town there was a suicide.  I don't know the whole story but apparently the girl walked out of class and then the school without being stopped.  She proceeded to walk home when she was hit by a train.  When I first heard about it I thought there was a car involved so like I said I don't know all the details.

I do know that our town has pulled together and had a candle light ceremony for the girl last night.  This girl was a popular girl as well as a cheerleader.  So why her?  At the candle light ceremony last night her father said, "There is always somebody to listen.  Never give up."  A train passed as he was talking at which point he said, "That is what she heard and I wish I would have told her that."

I have felt the feelings she felt.  I was never able to do what she did though.  I have thought about it on several occasions throughout my life because I couldn't take it anymore.  But every time I got that call or text or email from a friend and they listened.  They magically appeared when I needed them.  If you have just one person who will stop everything and talk to you then you have everything you need in life.  That friend may be far away or right across the hall.  They could have busy lives but when you need them they will drop everything and listen.

I guess what I am saying is that SUICIDE is NOT an option.  Your life is precious.  All you have to do is tell somebody that you trust that you need to talk and I guarantee they will drop what they are doing and talk to you for as long as it takes.  I don't know that there is much else I can say on this topic but I needed to get that out.

I grieve for the family that lost this young senior in high school.  She is in Heaven now where she won't have to struggle anymore.  I may not have known her but for those of you who mourn her my heart goes out to you all and the family is in my prayers.  I just hope that the sisters will manage to go on without her and they won't struggle as much as this your girl did.

No comments:

Post a Comment